The Estimating Executive has overall responsibility for all aspects of the estimating needs for multiple projects. Senior Estimator and specialty estimators may report to Estimating Executive for specific projects.
• Visualize, analyze and communicate project scope of work
• Coordinate and execute tasks of estimating personnel assigned to a specific estimate.
• Monitor and follow up on staff’s assigned duties.
• Coordinate cost/means and methods with Client and design team and prepare preliminary cost estimates/budgets.
• Work with Design Team to reconcile cost estimates
• Analyze General Condition costs to determine company overhead
• Manage Value Engineering Process
• Provide input for Fee Proposals
• Prepare all Indirect Costs
• Review and coordinate project-specific insurance requirements
• Prepare General Conditions/Site Services Costs
• Understands all disciplines in estimating
• Leads staff to assure accuracy in estimating process, procedures and review requirements are met
• Delivers and presents estimates to clients during BD process
• Ability to sell company’s strengths and experience
• Ability to preserve/reconcile all aspects of the estimate presentation while in front of a group/with client
• Bachelor in Engineering
• 10-15 years relevant experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Able to estimate all types of building projects, including residential high rise, healthcare, interiors and institutional
• Knowledge of suitable contractors and suppliers for all types of projects
• Familiar with both union and merit shop contractors
• Knowledge of typical pricing for project types above; for both union and merit shop projects
• Able to take concept and schematic drawings and develop a meaningful estimate with detail
• Familiar with the use of On-Screen Take-off software program
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.