The Project Technical Support Assistant (Document Controls) oversees all aspects of the document control and administration of the office. The Project Technical Support Assistant provides overall administrative assistance to the entire project staff.
• Provide overall administrative support to the Project Manager
• Assist the Project Engineer in the maintenance of logs.
• Attend and Document the Weekly Staff Meetings
• Assist Superintendents as requested
• Assist the Project Manager/Project Engineers in the production of the Monthly Report.
• Assist Project Manager/Superintendent in the reporting of Safety Statistics Monthly to Corporate
• Assist Project Manager/Project Engineer in the Documentation of Punch listing process
• Coordination of reproduction of contract documents and submittals as required (and other blueprinting requests)
• Implementation and maintenance of project filing system -- Maintain good record-keeping of on-site project files
• Assist with preparation of required reports, including maintenance of logs required by the Project Engineer, and the production of Monthly Reports as required
• Prepare meeting minutes for review and approval, such as Weekly Staff meetings
• Upload field documents to project portal site and client-specific internet sites, as required
• Assist with record reviews to verify that forms are correctly completed and required formats are used
• Other responsibilities as determined by the Project Executive/Project Manager
• Monitor and complete the daily read files
• Gilbane inventory maintenance
• High School Diploma required; Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
• Requires 1-3 years of experience in the field or related area.
• Experience working on construction, munitions/UXO and/or environmental remediation projects for the Department of Defense a plus
• Must live on the Island of Guam. This position does not include a relocation package or travel subsistence.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 1 – 3 years experience as an administrative support professional
• Some knowledge of commercial/institutional construction projects
• Knowledge of Prolog, JD Edwards is a plus
• Excellent capabilities in Microsoft Excel and Word are required
• Strong Technical and English communication skills are critical
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.