The Preconstruction Manager is an office-based position which administratively reports to the Support Operations Managers. Functionally, the PreCon Manager reports to and supports the Project Executive.
- Attend all bi-weekly design meetings with the owner and design team
- Work with Estimating and Purchasing to assure all deliverables are provided per contract.
- Spend time with owners and designers in between deliverables to assure design progress in accordance with schedule and owner expectations.
- Provide cost trending advice to the design team and owner to assure the best systems/materials are being utilized.
- Create, update, and manage the preconstruction schedule. Conduct and facilitate design phase card trick sessions.
- Facilitate all value engineering workshops.
- In consultation with Operations, develop and analyze phasing and sequencing plans.
- In conjunction with Operations, develop site use plans
- Schedule and facilitate all constructability reviews in conjunction with appropriate Operations personnel.
- Develop Construction Phase administrative procedures manuals in conjunction with Operations.
- In conjunction with Purchasing Department, ensure bidder interest is generated early in the design phase (get on subcontractors bid schedules).
- Take the lead in GMP preparation in conjunction with Operations, Purchasing and Estimating.
- Sell and coordinate all IDC efforts.
- Assist Operations and Purchasing in creation of proper bid packaging strategies.
- Feed historical databases with current market pricing information
•5-10 years of Purchasing and/or Construction experience with a majority of experience in Project Management roles. Estimating experience is helpful.
•Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
•In depth knowledge of design and construction practices and materials
•Exceptional verbal, written, and stand up communication skills
•Working knowledge of estimating, purchasing, and scheduling
•Highly refined interpersonal and leadership skills
•Strong planning and risk management skills
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.