The Construction Intern is responsible for assisting Project Staff on a construction management project.
Interns learn Gilbane’s construction methods and practices through a work assignment on a job site team assisting project engineering, accounting and superintending staff with daily duties:
• Manage project document flow
• Take progress photos of jobsite
• Review and approve submittals
• Submit RFIs
• Handle change management process
• Participate in business unit office activities including orientation program, training sessions and peer group meetings
• Currently enrolled in Engineering, Construction Management or similar program
• Prior exposure to construction industry is a plus
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.